At the moment, the Brno Exhibition Centre offers more than 130,000 sq m of net exhibition area thus ranking among the world largest exhibition centres. Brno Exhibition Centre first opened in 1928 commemorating the first decennium of independent Czechoslovakia founded in 1918. Brno as a location for the new exhibition centre was chosen on purpose being conveniently situated between Prague and Bratislava. A number of exhibition halls on the fairground are referred to as true jewels of functionalist architectural style. The latest addition to the fairground complex is the P Hall opened in June 2009 offering over 10,000 sq m of net exhibition area.